To my complete delight, I’ve discovered a safe, natural pest deterrent that fits the bill—it’s called Flea & Tick Defense.
Here are the natural Brazilian oils and ingredients found in Flea & Tick Defense:
- Lemongrass oil –When formulated into a spray for pets, promotes a shiny, healthy coat, and helps repel fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Cinnamon oil – A versatile essential oil widely used in the household. It is an effective environmentally-friendly ingredient that helps deter mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and other pests from attacking your dog or cat.
- Sesame oil – A rich, almost odorless oil derived from tiny sesame seeds. When combined with other essential oils it helps protect against pests and promotes the health of your pet’s skin and coat.
- Castor oil – Castor oil has been used for years by veterinarians. When combined with other oils, helps to repel a variety of pests.
- Purified water – Only the purest water is used to help blend and properly balance the unique formula of essential oils.
There’s one very important point I want to make about these ingredients… it’s not the individual elements that make Flea & Tick Defense so effective, it’s the expert blending and balancing of the Brazilian oils with the pure water. This is what distinguishes a natural effective product from just a natural ingredient.
Results from a 2006 study did show how the Flea & Tick Defense formulation was well tolerated by cats. This is a very important distinction for this product. I’ve seen my share of kitties in my practice that were injured through the improper use of an essential oil their owner thought couldn’t possibly harm them.
The Flea & Tick Defense formula of natural oils from the Amazon rainforest more than satisfies my selection criteria for a safe and natural pest deterrent for your pet.